Womble Carlyle attorneys take seriously their obligations to the communities in which they practice as well as to their profession generally. Our attorneys have served in a variety of elected offices (from governor and state judicial offices to local elective posts) as well as on state and local boards and agencies. They have chaired United Way and Habitat for Humanity organizations and have served on or chaired the Board of Directors of local Chambers of Commerce.
Our ranks presently include one former member of the Board of Governors of the American Bar Association, five former members of the Board of Governors of the North Carolina Bar Association and numerous chairpersons of sections or committees of the North Carolina, Washington, DC, and Georgia Bar Associations and the American Bar Association.
Since the North Carolina Bar Association implemented the Citizen-Lawyer Awards in 2007, five Womble Carlyle attorneys have won this civic service honor. They are:
In the News
- Winston-Salem Office Supports Second Harvest Food Bank’s Backpack Program for Needy Children
- Chad Brown Honored for Service to Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Stepping Up to the Plate: Womble Carlyle Donates More than 99,000 Meals to North Carolina’s Hungry
- Womble Carlyle Teams With Urban Ministries To Fight Hunger
- Womble Carlyle Honored By National Capital Lyme Disease Association For Pro Bono Service
- Womble Carlyle's Involvement in Food Shuttle Program Highlighted in Raleigh News & Observer
- Womble Carlyle Hosts Striking Back at Cancer Bowl-A-Thon in Atlanta; Launches Womble Cares Program
- Boys & Girls Club Solves Neighborhood Problem, Gets Land For A Teen Center
- Rebuilding New Orleans
- Womble Carlyle Receives Award for Supporting Employees in Military Reserves, National Guard