Lawyer Bio : John E. Pueschel
John E. Pueschel
John devotes his practice to representing businesses in the ever-changing area of labor and employment law. Whether helping employers avoid litigation by guiding them through the maze of employment-related statutes and regulations, or aggressively representing them in lawsuits or arbitration, John offers advice and assistance in a wide array of employment-related issues. For example, he regularly assists businesses with discrimination and harassment claims under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FMLA and equivalent state laws, claims of wrongful termination and retaliation and violation of wage and commission payment law.
John also works with businesses in the increasingly complex area of privacy rights laws and data security. John is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and is a frequent speaker and author on data security, privacy and identity theft issues. In addition, John handles business litigation involving employee raiding, unfair competition, theft of trade secrets and covenants not to compete. As part of this practice, he assists clients in drafting and enforcing executive employment contracts and covenants not to compete.
John regularly appears in employment litigation matters before numerous state and federal administrative agencies and courts, both at the trial level and appellate level. As part of his commitment to serving the needs of businesses and employers, John conducts training seminars and presentations for management and industry groups on employment law and privacy issues.
John is co-author of the Womble Carlyle Non-Compete and Restrictive Covenants Blog and is a contributor to the firm's Womble Carlyle Fair Labor Standards Act Blog.
Prior Legal Experience
Areas of Proficiency
- Labor and Employment
- Employee Defection and Recruitment
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Employment Discrimination Litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Womble Carlyle Attorneys Write Amicus Brief in N.C. Supreme Court Product Liability Case
- Kurt Stakeman, John Pueschel Pen Article on Data Theft & What In-House Counsel Needs to Know
- John Garziglia & John Pueschel Address Legal Liabilities Associated with Radio Station Internships, Independent Contractors
- Womble Carlyle Places 58 attorneys in N.C. Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Rankings
- Womble Carlyle Hosts Developments and Recent Trends in Labor and Employment Law Update
- Womble Carlyle Names 11 New Members
- Womble Carlyle's Employee Defection & Recruitment Team Launches Non-Compete and Restrictive Covenants Blog
- Enemies at the Gate - Fraud in the Workplace Event
- Lawmakers Increase Pressure on Businesses to Protect Confidential Customer and Employment Information
- Managing Employment Risks Briefing Held by Greensboro Office
- Womble Carlyle to Hold Legal Update for Winston-Salem Society for Human Resource Management
- Womble Carlyle Attorneys to Offer Legal Update for HR Professionals
- Event Recap: 2010 Legal Update: Developments and Recent Trends in Labor and Employment Law
- Prevent, Combat and Correct Fraud in the Workplace
- Womble Carlyle Hosts FMLA Seminar - Winston-Salem
- Womble Carlyle Hosts FMLA Seminar - Greensboro
- Womble Carlyle to Hold ADA Breakfast Briefings
- Womble Attorneys Host Triad Lunch Learn: Nov. 7