Lawyer Bio : Steven Bell*
* Mr. Bell is not licensed to practice law. His activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law.
Chief Client Development Officer
Steve has more than 20 years of experience in professional services marketing and sales to a wide range of companies from entrepreneurial companies to major multinationals, principally in manufacturing and distribution, telecommunications, services, technology and hospitality. He is a pioneer of professional services sales, as a co-founder of the Sales Department at PriceWaterhouse, the founder of Sales at Grant Thornton, and the legal profession’s first director of sales. Among his achievements are professional services sales process, application of CRM in professional services, development of sales compensation systems and special services enterprises, creation of national sales contests and other innovations. An innovator in law firm operations, he was an early advocate of the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Value Challenge. Steve is a regular contributor to legal publications and blogs and a frequent speaker at inside-counsel and outside-counsel forums, including ACC, DRI, LMA and other organizations.
In addition to his work at Womble Carlyle, Steve currently serves as Regional Vice Chair of Marketing – Americas for Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms.
Steve has been a strong advocate for the use of digital media, particularly social media, in legal client development. Follow him on Twitter at @SteveMBell.
Coursework completed towards M.A, 1976-1978, Indiana University.
Prior Business Experience
Areas of Proficiency
- Client Development
- Womble Carlyle Ranked #1 In Law Firm Social Media Study
- Steve Bell to Participate in Discussion on Law Firms and Social Media
- Womble Carlyle’s Steve Bell Takes Lex Mundi Leadership Role
- Steve Bell Discusses Law Firm Metrics, Importance of Face-to-Face Client Meetings, in National Law Journal Article
- Kel Chin, Steve Bell Featured in Best Practices in Legal Marketing Publication
- Steve Bell Speaks on Changing Models in Law Firm Marketing & Business Development
- Womble Carlyle Attorneys, Staff Attend MCCA CLE Expo
- Womble Carlyle’s Steve Bell Discusses Evolving Legal Marketing Landscape at DRI Conference
- Event Recap: Law Students Learn Vital Networking Skills at Womble Carlyle Diversity Open