Betty Temple Selects South Carolina’s Top 5 M&A Deals of 2012
February 14, 2013
When the Charleston Regional Business Journal wanted insight on South Carolina’s top M&A deals of 2012, they asked Womble Carlyle Corporate & Securities attorney Betty Temple to share her opinion.
Temple’s Top 5 Deals of 2012 are:
- Regional Management Corp.’s acquisition of 23 consumer finance branches in Alabama. Regional Management also was the only South Carolina-based company to go public during the year.
- 3D Systems’ nine acquisitions in 2012. The Rock Hill-based maker of three-dimensional printers and print materials has completed more than 30 acquisitions since 2009, making it one of the region’s fastest-growing companies.
- Blackbaud Inc.’s $335.7 million acquisition of Convio Inc.
- CertusBank’s corporate relocation to Greenville.
- The acquisition of Hartsville’s Hilex Poly by Wind Point Partners. Hilex is the nation’s largest manufacturer of plastic retail bags.
Betty Temple has more than 20 years of experience in corporate and securities law. She represents companies in a variety of acquisition transactions, including asset purchases and sales, mergers, tender offers and proxy contests. Temple was named to both the 2006 and 2009 BTI Client Service All-Star Team. Each year, she was the only attorney in South Carolina to be named to the list. She practices in the firm’s Greenville, S.C., office.