Continuing Care Retirement Communities
Continuing care retirement communities can easily get bogged down in the morass of ongoing legal issues.
Womble Carlyle can clear through the clutter and help CCRCs focus on their core business of caring for their residents. Our team advises boards, executives and management companies of continuing care retirement communities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, particularly in North Carolina.
We assist these businesses with:
- Regulatory Compliance specific to the health care and retirement community industries.
- Financing, including negotiating and structuring large-scale development and operating loans, bond financings and investments.
- Corporate Governance, including advising CCRC leaders on corporate governance compliance and contract negotiations.
- Construction issues, focusing on the specific needs of senior residents. From project inception (planning process, engineering and architectural contracts) through post-construction, keeping costs and scope in check.
- Patient Privacy issues related to HIPAA and other federal and state laws.
- Labor and Employment matters, such as employee training, employer policies, workforce restructuring, executive compensation and benefits plans.
- Real Estate Development, including land acquisition, resolving land use and zoning issues and other dealings with local governments relating to development.
- Dispute Resolution through mediation and arbitration, as well as litigation.
- Tax planning, including property tax exemption issues and tax issues for Section 501 (c) (3) exempt CCRCs, and resident Trusts and Estates guidance.
- Arbor Acres
- Baptist Retirement Homes of North Carolina
- Carol Woods Retirement Community
- Croasdaile Village
- Cypress Glenn Retirement Community
- Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community
- Galloway Ridge
- Lutheran Services for the Aging
- Plantation Village
- Salemtowne Retirement Community
- United Methodist Retirement Homes
- Well Spring Retirement Community