Digital media is booming. Creative startups have built successful content businesses from their garages, and media giants have reinvented themselves online in order to compete in this new world order. Womble Carlyle attorneys have been there every step of the way to advise startups, venture-backed growth companies and large media enterprises in developing new strategies and new business models to create, procure, share, distribute, and monetize digital media assets.
Our clients are at the cutting edge of technologies that enable digital media businesses such as video processing systems and software platforms for game development. As digital media businesses evolve, Womble Carlyle attorneys continue to stay at the forefront of providing legal services focused on the industry. Some of the world's most popular game developers and online destinations rely upon Womble Carlyle attorneys.
Womble Carlyle attorneys also serve companies in the online video distribution and music sharing space. Our attorneys have represented or negotiated content deals with leaders in the television and movie industries, including NBC Universal, Disney, ABC and Turner. They have extensive music licensing experience, handling deals in media centers such as New York, L.A. and Nashville, working with studios like Warner and Sony. Production agreements, director's agreements, online advertising, rights of publicity, and endorsements are also right up our alley.
Womble Carlyle offers focused, pragmatic, market-specific, cost-efficient services to our digital media clients. With strengths in intellectual property, venture finance, corporate securities, privacy, advertising and telecommunications, Womble Carlyle is dedicated to the success of companies operating in the digital media marketplace.
Some of our attorneys' experience includes:
- Counseling the iPhone AppStore’s largest independent game developer
- Providing privacy counsel to a popular online social networking client
- Assisting a client to license its video asset transcoding and workflow management software to multiple major television networks and cable systems
- Procuring a license from NASA's Jet Propulsion Labs to stream live Mars Lander video online.
- Advising a large video hardware manufacturer in negotiating industry standards for media storage formats
- Negotiating exclusive services agreements with celebrity bloggers
- Representing investors in creating a joint venture with Hollywood studios for nationwide over-the-air, digital, on-demand movie distribution.
- Negotiating online advertising deals for major financial institutions.
- Negotiating license deals enabling universities to offer fully-licensed music and movie downloads by college students
- Procuring rights for online distribution of large content catalogues from companies like Bertelsmann and EMI
- Procuring licenses to enable a client's implementation of industry-standard video and audio codecs in proprietary software products