Lawyers in our Intellectual Property Group have many years of experience in all aspects of intellectual property law, representing international, national, regional and local concerns. The legal and professional representation of our clients is complemented by our very personal involvement with our clients and our willingness to be flexible in the manner in which we approach our clients’ projects. The experience of our lawyers extends to all aspects of domestic and foreign intellectual property law, including:
- Detailed patent investigations and analyses in all technical areas, including providing opinions on questions of patentability, infringement, permissive design around, state-of-the-art, and due diligence studies;
- Procurement of U.S. and foreign patents in all technical areas, as well as trademark and copyright registrations;
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights including patent, trademark and copyright litigation, licensing, negotiation and arbitration;
- Reports and opinions on the registrability of trademarks, logos, and designs, including trade dress protection;
- General client counseling regarding confidentiality agreements, government research funding, university-industry relations, license agreements, corporate sponsored research contracts, development agreements, joint ventures, due diligence strategies, technology transfer agreements, software protection, and employment agreements; and
- Technical assistance to general business counsel, in-house counsel, technology transfer managers, inventors, and business investors on all aspects of intellectual property, its scope and strength, title, contract and licensing matters and employment contracts, disclosures and invention submission procedures.
Our intellectual property attorneys are members of numerous state and federal bar associations and some have degrees in engineering or science. In addition, our attorneys are registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and are admitted in various federal trial courts that include the U.S. District Courts, and appellate practice before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. The attorneys and staff are also members of numerous professional associations and civic organizations, including the American Bar Association, the International Trademark Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and the state and local bar associations in the states in which firm attorneys are admitted to practice.
Related Industry Teams
- Clean, Sustainable and Renewable Technologies
- Bulldox: Documents & E-Discovery Review
- Intellectual Property Transactions
- Life Sciences Industry Group
- Pharmaceutical Products Litigation