In the courtroom, there is no substitute for preparation. Each side has its own story to tell. Womble Carlyle’s Trial Consulting and Practice Support services allow litigators to prepare the best possible story and tell that story in an effective, convincing manner.
But once a trial begins, it is important to continue to gather information, to reassess assumptions and adjust strategies accordingly. That often can be difficult in the heat of battle, but it can prove critically important.
Womble Carlyle can help litigators in preparation and in the courtroom by combining the science of psychology and technical experience with proven legal knowledge. The firm’s trial consulting and Practice Support resources include both highly skilled professionals and cutting-edge technology to help ensure that litigators have the resources to succeed.
Preparation is the key to success in litigation. Our trial consulting team has the proven experience needed to give you the best chance for success. This includes assisting you at all stages of the litigation process, from the earliest rounds of pre-trial preparation to the trial itself to post-trial follow-ups and appeals.
Our team has represented a broad range of clients in many different types of litigation in venues all across the country, including "bet the company"-level cases. In addition to products liability and class action experience, we also have worked on cases involving disputed contract, bad faith, antitrust, toxic tort, securities and financial fraud, employment discrimination, environmental contamination, medical malpractice, intellectual property, trade infringement, personal injury, wrongful death and premise liability claims. Team professionals are members of the American Society of Trial Consultants, the profession’s leading organization for establishing practice standards, ethical guidelines and continuing education.
Our trial consulting services include:
- Persuasive issues identification
- Community attitude/venue assessments
- Focus groups and mock trials
- Theme development
- Deliberation group simulations
- Mediation preparation
- Witness assessment and preparation assistance
- Presentation analysis
- Courtroom exhibits
- Supplemental juror questionnaires
- Voir dire preparation
- Jury profiling and selection
- Trial observation and strategy assessment
- Post-trial juror interviews (where permitted)
In every instance, our goal is to match the exact services to fit your specific litigation needs. Our trial consulting team has successfully assisted attorneys in cases all across the country.
Our clients include companies in the tobacco, pharmaceutical, chemical, heavy manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, airline, grocery and banking industries, as well as hospitals, universities and state and local government bodies.
Increasingly, winning strategies in the courtroom also require top-notch technology support.
Womble Carlyle provides its litigators with technological resources, both in the preparation stages as well as in the actual trial. But more importantly, the firm's Practice Support team includes highly skilled professionals who know how to use this technology for maximum benefit and efficiency. The team's goal is to provide customized solutions that meet the needs of every litigator.
Our Practice Support team has successfully worked with attorneys throughout the country involving claims of product liability, contract disputes, antitrust, intellectual property and class –actions.
The firm's technology services include:
- Managing complex document data bases, to ensure that attorneys are equipped with exactly the right materials in a timely fashion.
- Producing graphic presentations for trials and hearings.
- Editing and formatting video/audio materials for effective presentation.
- Providing on-site courtroom technology support. This includes providing and operating smart boards, video, projectors, flat screen monitors, microscopes, printers and scanners.
- Incorporating such software as TimeMap, CaseMap, PowerPoint, Summation, Sanction, LiveNote and extranets into trial preparation.